Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stacked 1.11.06

At the end of last night (when I finally fnished for the evening after the fourth time i'd told myselfI was done) I had done some of the base cell shading on the skin and hair and wasn't all together pleased with the outcome.

One of the best things about the original image was the shine, and while you can convert shine to cell shading, you lose some of the really gorgeous contours and that makes me sad. From there, a realism piece was born.

The shading isn't finished yet and the hair and facial features will likely change (they were a lot more forgiveable when she was more cartoon-y but now I think i have to find something a little less kindergarden cutout :)) Presently, i'm burried in a war of getting the lineart to match the skin tones in all of the appropriate areas. Because of the shadows, what is right in one place isn't in another which means that ctrl-u and the eraser brush and I are having a high-oh time getting it all to match properly :)



I do like to think two things about this piece. First, I like to think that her breasts beg to be touched. They're currently nipple-less which makes them a little less inviting but I like to think they're still looking rather delectable at the moment. I also like to think that the water-soaked , mostly-transparent clothing option is going well. She still lacks several important physical features to make it believable but, for now, it is what it is and I think it's going a-ok :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home